RML Markup Language
RML is based around the HTML5 standard, and in particular uses the XML syntax for document markup. However, element names are (mostly) open-ended in RML and can be used in any way that is logical for your application. All documents follow strict XML 1.0 specification and where possible all RmlUi elements follow their HTML equivalent.
RML maintains the core components of HTML5, including CSS. It provides a number of basic elements including input fields, radio buttons and check boxes as well as more complex enhancements such as templates and datagrids.
Part I – Document structure and events
- Elements - The basic element and global attributes.
- Documents - The HEAD and BODY of a document.
- Style sheets - Adding style to RML documents.
- Templates - Making all your windows look consistent.
- Syntax - Parsing details and character references.
- Events - Mouse clicks, movement, key presses, text entry.
Part II – Images and forms
- Images - Embedding images.
- Forms - User-input forms.
- Controls - Tabsets and window handles.
- Data display - Progress bars.